Onyx is a precious material which shares the characteristic of dark colors
such as black and yet it is stylish enough to be compared with the shining
beauty of silver. Because of the fact that onyx shares characteristics from the
color black onyx is regarded as a very elegant color, those who use onyx are
said to have a very strong character and be very authoritative.
Those wear the color onyx and items that have the shine this material has project a very elegant image and because onyx is quite dark it can also make the person look very elegant and sophisticated. Those who wear the color onyx are also set to project a mysterious aura which makes other people wonder about our personality and this reaction is said to trigger new relationships.
Onyx as well as the color black are heavily used in New York fashion as well as in urban styles, dark colors such as black are highly regarded in many fashions spheres.
Interesting facts about onyx and the color black:
- Onyx was known to Greek and Romans but the word itself is derived from the Assyrian word which means ring.
- Onyx is such a rare and precious material that when the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library at Yale university planned to coat such book with green onyx they have to change the material to marble simply because there wasn't enough green onyx in the world.
- In folk religion onyx is used for the target of psychic attacks, especially those that are sexual in nature.
- In Chinese culture that dark color of onyx and black are associated with north, water and winter.
- In martial arts that color black is thought to be the result of the combination of all colors, this also represents the perfect union of mind and body and eight true sense of achievement and wisdom.
Great examples of Onyx Cuff Links:
- Circular Striped Onyx and MOP Cuff Links: in these cufflinks you can see the perfect example of New York glam, these cuff links are perfectly polished and feature a beautiful onyx stone that makes the perfect balance with all the polish silver that surrounds it.
- Onyx Stone and MOP Square Cuff Links: if you are looking for elegance and precision than these beautifully crafted cufflinks are definitely for you, they feature a square pattern that is inspired from New York fashion and promotes focus as well as concentration.
- Onyx and Mother of Pearl Mosaic Cuff Links: if we are to define these cufflinks then exquisite is the word that comes closer to represent the true beauty shown in the intriguing pattern of these cuff links, their shape is circular and yet the inner design is square, this is a contrast that creates perfect balance.
- Chekered Board Agate Cuff Links: if you love the game of chess and checkers then you are probably a very intelligent person, you can project your gifts through these beautifully crafted cufflinks that highly resemble the boards used in these games.