Blue is a word derived from the old French word "bleu" which is often used to refer to any shade level between navy blue which is the darkest type of blue and cyan which is the brighter type of blue.
The color blue is used to convey peace, calm, strength of character and reason. People who wear blue are said to be dependable individuals who are trustworthy and committed in everything they do. The use of blue cufflinks is perfect for those who are the voice of reason and handle very stressful situations. When it comes to business this is an excellent color to wear as it can transmit serenity to those who see it. This color is also said to aid intuition, calm and sedate.
Blue and its many shades is quite neutral when it comes to gender, in other words men and women can wear this color according to the shade used.
Interesting facts about blue:
- Indigo, a deeper tone of blue symbolizes wisdom, spiritual realization and self-mastery.
- In Greek superstition the color blue is said to ward of the "evil eye" which is sometimes cast unintentionally by those who envy prosperous people, the effects are said to turn any kind of good fortune around. This belief has been passed down from generations and among different cultures which is why wearing something blue is said to protect from envious people.
- In oriental beliefs, blue is said to be the color of the throat Chakra, wearing blue can open the throat Chakra improving clariaudience. Chakras are believed to be our "invisible organs" a way to think about them is by thinking of the many sounds which we don't hear because our hearing abilities are limited, the many sounds are there but we just can't perceive them, the same applies to our eyes and the many light wavelengths. Wearing a certain color will open the specific Chakra that color is related to, there are seven Chakras in total.
- In American history, blue was used to represent the northern union during the civil war.
- Studies show that people are more productive in blue rooms.
Great examples of blue cuff links are:
- Rectangular Blue Enamel Cuff Links: These are perfect for business people and professionals who want to transmit assertive energy, balance and strength.
- Azure Blue Window Cufflinks: Perfect cufflinks for those who want to keep a simple but elegant look.
- Retro 1970 Inspired Enamel Cuff Links: If you like the retro-look these are the cufflinks to go for, they have two tones of blue which makes it look classy.
- High Fashion Blue Rhodium Cuff Links: These are the perfect cufflinks to make a fashion statement, they have two tones of blue and perfect silver polish.
Cuff Links Man is the best cufflink store which provides the most stylish and high-end cufflinks to get yourself noticed at any social event.